If you are registering children at more than one RUSD school, it is necessary to provide each school site all of the documents required for registration. Questions or concerns may be directed to the school principal at each school.

    Once you've contacted the school office you will be emailed a link to download the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS during the pre-registration process.

    The following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS are currently required for student registration in the Reed Union School District:

    • Child's Birth Date Documentation (one of the following documents)
      • Original birth certificate or certified copy
      • Statement by local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
      • Duly attested baptism certificate
      • Passport
      • Affidavit of parent/guardian
    • Current Immunization Records
    • Health forms needed by August 19, 2022: Health Exam for School Entry Form and Oral Health Form
    • Proof of residency
    • Child's most recent report card (if you have it)

    Requirements For Proof of Residency
    State law requires that public schools verify student residence. Board Policy number 5111.1 of the Reed Union School District and Education Code 48204.1 provide that evidence of residency be submitted for each student desiring to attend schools within the district. As evidence of residency within the Reed Union School District, at a minimum, three documents will be required: One ORIGINAL DOCUMENT from Category 1, Category 2, and Category 3.

    Category 1:

    ONE of the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS showing parent/guardian's name and address from the following list:

    • Current California State Driver's License
    • Current California State ID Card
    • Consulate issued ID
    • Government issued ID
    • Pay stub
    • Bank Statement

    Category 2:

    of the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS with the parent/guardian's name and address from the following list:

    • Most recent utility statement or bill
    • Voter registration
    • Correspondence from a government agency
    • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil

    Category 3:

    of the following ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS with the parent/guardian's name and address from the following list:

    • CURRENT PROPERTY TAX BILL with parent/guardian's name and property address, indicating homeowner's exemption; to request a copy of your property tax bill enter your parcel number here; or
    • CURRENT RENTAL OR LEASE AGREEMENT with parent/guardian's name and address, as well as manager or owner's name and phone number (Note: If your lease has gone to "month to month", you must also bring a current letter from the Landlord stating that you still live at that address and including the date, address and names of parent/guardian.

    Parents/guardians who do not live in the district and falsify residency information will be asked to enroll their child in the district of residence and will be given two weeks to make the adjustment.

    Parents of a child new to the District who is entering Grades 3 through 5 should also provide:
    All of the items listed above PLUS the child's most recent report card.

    Parents of a child new to the District who is entering Grades 6 through 8 should also provide:
    All of the items listed above.

    Students entering 3rd and 6th grades will not be assigned to classes without proper residency verification:

    For additional information, please contact:

    Bel Aire Elementary School: belaire@reedschools.org
    Del Mar Middle School: delmar@reedschools.org

    Immunization Requirements for 7th Grade Entry:


    Is my home in the Reed Union School District?

    The Reed Union School District serves Belvedere, Tiburon, and a portion of east Corte Madera. There are some areas, however, which are not part of the District, even though they may appear to be part of Tiburon and may indeed carry Tiburon in their mailing address. The Cypress Hollow, Strawberry, and Strawberry Point areas are in the Mill Valley School District. The Marin County Assessor's Office (415-499-7215, X6) can quickly answer whether or not an address is in a particular school district by simply looking to see what school district receives your school property tax dollars.  You may also contact the Superintendent's Office at 415-381-1112 for further information concerning district boundaries.