Welcome back to school! I hope that everyone had a wonderful summer and that your kids are excited to be back at school. Our kids are so fortunate to be a part of such an incredible school district. There are many factors that help to make our district what it is, but one important factor is the parent involvement, which is organized by the RUSD Parent Teacher Association (“PTA”).
The PTA is a membership-based organization that brings together parents, teachers and staff to coordinate parent volunteers and special programs that enhance our children’s education. The PTA relies upon annual membership dues to provide assemblies, field trips, field days, parent education programs, library books, teacher appreciation, and so much more.
It’s not only the dues that help but also the volunteers! We have over 150 parent volunteers that serve as officers or committee chairs for all of the PTA-organized events and activities throughout the year, some of which include Reed School's car line, field trips, books fairs, school plays, serving hot lunch, etc.
Here’s what you can do to get involved:
- Join the PTA today! Click here to pay your dues.
- Volunteer! Check out your school’s calendar to find out about volunteer coffee times or contact your school site chair to find out about volunteer opportunities.
- Choice Lunch – Order hot lunch for your kids! Proceeds from every lunch you order supports our PTA programs. http://www.choicelunch.com
- Support your individual school by ordering birthday books, yearbooks and spirit wear.
- Learn more about what your PTA is doing – monthly PTA meetings are open to all PTA members. District PTA meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the Bel Aire staff development room.
Thank you! I’m looking forward to a great 2017-2018 school year.
RUSD PTA President