Drop-off and Pick-up procedures at Bel Aire:
- Please do not drive up the driveway.
- Limited parking available for Bel Aire and District Staff ONLY.
- Plenty of street parking available.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood - Drive slowly and stay alert
Additional DetailsParking & Use of Driveway: Please note that the Bel Aire School driveway is closed to all but school traffic during the day. Parking for parents/visitors is ALWAYS at the bottom of the hill. Parking is limited, and we do not have enough spaces for all permanent and part-time staff.
- Morning Drop Off: Drop off begins at 7:45 am at "the bottom of the hill" on Karen Way. Children are not allowed on campus prior to morning supervision. The best route to follow: Blackfield --> Cecilia--> Leland --> Karen to ease congestion and prevent children from crossing the street in front of vehicles on Karen Way. Children should cross at the crosswalk and walk bikes across the street. Bike riders must wear helmets and walk their bikes up and down the hill to school.
- Afternoon Pick Up: Afternoon Pick Up begins at 2:35 (1:35 on Wednesdays). Supervision after school ends 2:50 (1:50 on Wednesdays). Please designate a meeting place away from classrooms. If you are staying in your car at the bottom of the hill, your child will wait with the crossing guard at the bottom of the hill until you pull up in line. If you are walking up the hill to meet your child, please designate a spot in front of the school. We suggest the green gate, lower playground, upper steps, office wall, etc. It is important that you do not wait outside the classroom as it disrupts the routine. After-school supervision at the bottom of the hill end at 2:55 and1:55 on Wednesdays.
Supervision Before & After School: Students are not allowed on campus prior to the start of morning supervision at 7:45am. After school supervision ends at 2:50 (1:50 on Wednesdays). Children who have not been picked up are brought back up to the school office. At that time adults who pick up the student must be authorized on the student release form and may be asked to show photo ID.
Respecting our Neighborhood: Please be sensitive to the concerns of our neighbors and discuss with your children the importance of respecting neighborhood property. Please do not allow your children (or your four-legged children) to walk or play on neighbors’ private property, including the front yard and driveway. Please set a good example for your children by following these guidelines yourself.
Walking & Biking to School: Children should cross at the crosswalk and walk bikes across the street. Bike riders must wear helmets and walk their bikes up and down the hill to school. All wheeled devices are to be walked until off school property.