VISION of the Del Mar/RUSD Graduate
Students through their efforts and with the support of the whole school community will become:
Motivated Learners Committed to Academic Excellence
• Demonstrate responsibility, self-direction, and independence
• Take risks, are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
• Take pride in accomplishments
• Understand learning is a lifelong process
Creative Problem Solvers
• Apply critical thinking
• Integrate curiosity, imagination and insight
• Apply knowledge across disciplines, projects and in real life situations
• Generate ideas and best possible solutions
• Actively listen and acknowledge different points of view and cultural context
• Express and support positions considering multiple perspectives
• Use appropriate tools and language to inform, persuade, and convey ideas to diverse audiences
• Collaborate with others
• Demonstrate empathy, ethical behavior, and respect for self, others, and the environment
• Actively contribute to school, local, and global communities
• Advocate for self and others
• Understand and appreciate cultures, histories, and contributions of people of the world
Balanced Individuals / Best Self
• Demonstrate self-knowledge, integrity, good judgment, and honor
• Exhibit self-assurance, confidence, and social competence
• Persevere and are resilient amidst adversity, stress, disappointment, and conflict
• Make positive choices for personal and physical well being
• Believe in the power of the individual to make a difference
1. Create a teaching and learning environment that utilizes rigorous curriculum standards and assessments that measure student progress against world class expectations.
2. Pursue, obtain and allocate resources ambitiously to support programs, people and facilities that further students’ efforts to realize our vision of the Reed Union School District learner and graduate.
3. Strengthen understanding and partnership among students, staff, families, and community through respectful, efficient, and comprehensive communication.
4. Promote personnel practices to recruit, develop and retain the most talented staff to create an exceptional learning environment, recognize and reward excellence and innovation in the classroom, and support professional development and opportunities for all employees to collaborate.