Welcome back to school! I hope that everyone enjoyed a wonderful summer and that your kids are excited to be back at school. Our kids are so fortunate to be part of such an incredible school district. There are many factors that help make our district what it is, but one important factor is the parent involvement, which is organized by the RUSD Parent Teacher Association (PTA).
The PTA is a membership-based organization that brings together parents, teachers and staff to coordinate parent volunteers and special programs that enhance our children's education. The PTA relies on annual membership dues to provide field trips, assemblies, field days, parent education programs, teacher appreciation and much more.
Here is what you can do to get involved with our PTA:
- Join the PTA today! Click here to pay your dues.
- Volunteer! We have over 150 parent volunteers that serve as officers or committee chairs for PTA organized activities, which include helping in Reed School's car line, serving hot lunch, field trips, school plays and more.
- Choicelunch - Order hot lunch for your kids! Proceeds from every lunch you order supports our PTA programs. http://www.choicelunch.com
- Attend a PTA meeting. Monthly PTA meetings are open to all PTA members. Time and date are posted on your school's website.
- Support your individual school by ordering yearbooks and spirit wear.
Thank you for getting involved and supporting our PTA programs! I’m looking forward to a great 2019-2020 school year.
RUSD PTA President