- Food Allergy Guidelines: We recognize that some children have severe food allergies and/or dietary needs that require special conditions. It is our goal and responsibility to maintain a safe environment for all students during the school day. The most effective way to accommodate a wide variety of food allergies is to implement grade specific guidelines that recognize developmental awareness of our elementary ages students. Kindergarten requires the most managed and restricted environment. As our students mature, encourage them to take more responsibility for their food allergies and dietary needs.
- It is important to note that each school is an open campus during after school hours, weekends, and holidays. As a result, we cannot guarantee that our students may not be exposed to nuts or other food residue left on the school grounds. We strongly encourage parents to prepare for the possibility of exposure when their children are at school
RUSD families are encouraged to share in the responsibility of educating their child(ren) about food allergies and recommended safety precautions, including frequent hand washing, hand wipes, and/or use of individual lunch mats, etc. Due to the viscosity and unique nature of nut products, RUSD has implemented specific safety measures to meet the needs of students with nut allergies.
Kindergarten-Fifth Grades: Nut Restricted classroom and lunch table(s)
- Classrooms will be designated as nut-restricted as needed to accommodate allergies.
- All students will sit at lunch tables with their homeroom class.
- Specific lunch tables will be designated as Nut Restricted to accommodate allergies.
- ?Students are not allowed to share food with one another.