Hello Bel Aire Parents,Welcome to the 2017-18 School Year! Welcome back to all the returning families and a special greeting to the families new to Bel Aire and/or the district. RUSD PTA brings together parents, teachers and staff of the Reed Union School District to provide parent volunteerism and special programs that enrich the lives of our children and school community.
One way to show your support is to become a member of the PTA. The PTA relies upon yearly family dues to fund our many programs. At Bel Aire, the programs PTA supports are field trips, assemblies, teacher training and appreciation, author visits, guest speakers, lunchtime enrichment and much more.
PTA fundraising is also supported through our Yearbooks, Birthday Books, Book Fairs, Spirit Wear and Choice Lunch. Yearbooks are a fun way to remember the year and a handy tool to look up members of your child's class the following year. A major part of our fundraising for PTA is supported with proceeds from a portion of every lunch you order through our hot lunch program, Choice Lunch. It's a great way to nourish your child and support our PTA programs at the same time.
You can take care of all of these things on the link below in The PTA Back to School Checklist. It's easy... just a click away and we can’t do it without you!
PTA BACK-TO-SCHOOL CHECKLIST:
- Sign up for PTA Membership, yearbook, birthday books, spirit wear, etc. – all in one place online by clicking here.
- Sign up for Choice Lunch (our lunch service provider), here: http://www.choicelunch.com
Also, you can show your support by participating and volunteering in the numerous programs we have planned throughout the year. There are endless possibilities in ways you can help. Volunteer for Hot Lunch, Library, Book Fair, Teacher Appreciation and many more of our PTA sponsored events. Bel Aire PTA typically meets the first Wednesday of every month from 8:30am to 9:30am on the Bel Aire campus. Please come join us any time!
- Read your District and Bel Aire News Flash that comes via email on Wednesdays. They should contain everything you need to know and please note that sometimes things change and will be updated via the weekly email and headline news.
- You can access the Bel Aire School calendar here: http://belaire.reedschools.org/domain/343
- General Information on times, pick up procedures and local resources can be found in the Bel Aire Handbook
The Foundation for Reed Schools is a separate organization from the PTA. The Foundation also raises money for our schools, supporting Art, PE, Music, Technology Instruction, Classroom Aides, iPads, Apps, Laptops and more. Learn more here: www.foundationforreedschools.com
Thank you for your support of Bel Aire School and The Reed Union School District! Please contact me or another PTA committee member with any questions, feedback, or if you are interested in volunteering.
Bel Aire PTA Site Chair