Dear Reed Parents,
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful summer and welcome to the 2019-20 Reed school year! On behalf of the RUSD Parent Teacher Association, I would like to extend a warm welcome to all new and returning students and their families.
The Reed School PTA is made up of a group of dedicated parent and teacher volunteers working together towards creating the best possible educational environment for every child at our school. We spend time directly in classrooms and organizing events/activities throughout the year, some of which include Reed School's Annual Book Fair, school assemblies, field trips, car line and serving hot lunch.
The PTA exists because we believe, as decades of research has proven, children do better when their parents and families are involved both at home and at school. Grades are higher. Test scores rise. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve.
Please consider helping make these outcomes a reality for your child, your school, and your community by being involved and join us for a PTA meeting to learn more, every second Wednesday of the month, in Room 12 at 8:30AM.
Thank you for your support of Reed School!
Reed PTA Site Chair
RUSD PTA brings together parents, teachers and staff of the Reed Union School District to provide parent volunteerism and special programs that enrich the lives of our children and school community.
There are many ways you can support the PTA at Reed:
- Become a Member! - The PTA relies upon annual family membership dues to fund our many programs. At Reed, the PTA supports field trips, assemblies, teacher training and appreciation, author visits, guest speakers, lunchtime enrichment and much more.
- Yearbooks – are a fun way to remember the year.
**You can take care of Membership Dues and purchase Yearbooks online here: RUSD online payment center.
- Choicelunch Program – proceeds from every lunch you order supports our PTA programs. Choicelunch.com
- Spiritwear – show school spirit with cool Reed gear.
- Volunteer! - You can show your support through involvement in AM Carline, Hot Lunch, Library, Book Fair, Teacher Appreciation and many more of our PTA-sponsored events. Volunteer job descriptions and related guidelines can be found here: REED VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK. Whatever level of participation you choose, your time and involvement will be greatly appreciated!!!
- Attend PTA meetings - PTA meetings are open to all dues-paying members and are a terrific way to learn what's going on at school. The principal almost always attends and gives an update as well. PTA meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month, from 8:30-9:30am, in Room 12 at Reed.
Details about PTA events throughout the year will be communicated in a number of ways - your Reed News Flash, Room Parent Emails and Teacher Emails. You can also use these links to check online:
The Foundation for Reed Schools is a separate organization from the PTA. The Foundation also raises money for our schools, supporting Art, PE, Music, Technology Instruction, Classroom Aides, iPads, Apps, Laptops and more. Learn more here: www.foundationforreedschools.com