Dear Reed Parents,
What a great year this has been! With your time we've served thousands of hot lunches, welcomed students daily in carline, brought in coffees and meals for the staff, and hosted many student enrichment activities. With your support, we've brought in the Lawrence Hall of Science, dragon dancers for Lunar New Year, artists, story tellers, opera singers, mindfulness coaching, and sent our Kindergarteners to the Discovery Museum, 1st Graders to Windrush Farms in Petaluma, and our 2nd Graders to the Asian Art Museum, plus much more. Thank you SO much!
If you will be new or returning in the fall, please see below what our PTA does and how you can support and get involved. Our PTA Site Chair for next year will be Carli Hamilton and she welcomes emails at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of Reed School!
Reed PTA Site Chair
RUSD PTA brings together parents, teachers and staff of the Reed Union School District to provide parent volunteerism and special programs that enrich the lives of our children and school community.There are many ways you can support the PTA at Reed:
- Become a Member! - The PTA relies upon annual family membership dues to fund our many programs. At Reed, the PTA supports field trips, assemblies, teacher training and appreciation, author visits, guest speakers, lunchtime enrichment and much more.
- Birthday Books - this program is the primary source of new books for the Reed library and a special way to recognize your child's birthday.
- Yearbooks – are a fun way to remember the year.
**You can take care of Membership Dues, Birthday Books and Yearbooks online here: RUSD online payment center.
- Choicelunch Program – proceeds from every lunch you order supports our PTA programs. Choicelunch.com
- Spiritwear – show school spirit with cool Reed gear.
- Volunteer! - You can show your support through involvement in AM Carline, Hot Lunch, Library, Book Fair, Teacher Appreciation and many more of our PTA sponsored events. Volunteer job descriptions and related guidelines can be found here: REED VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK. Whatever level of participation you choose, your time and involvement will be greatly appreciated!!!
- Attend PTA meetings - PTA meetings are open to all dues-paying members and are a terrific way to learn what's going on at school. The principal almost always attends and gives an update as well. PTA meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month, from 8:30 am to 9:30 am, in Room 26 at Reed.
Details about PTA events throughout the year will be communicated in a number of ways - your Reed News Flash, Room Parent Emails, Teacher Emails and the Reed Raccoon Message (the Chalkboards and on Instagram @ReedElemPTA). You can also use these links to check online:
The Foundation for Reed Schools is a separate organization from the PTA. The Foundation also raises money for our schools, supporting Art, PE, Music, Technology Instruction, Classroom Aides, iPads, Apps, Laptops and more. Learn more here: www.foundationforreedschools.com