Learning Resources for Students @ Home
While you can search through our K-12 Educator resources at any time, we've curated a few options for each grade.
Scroll down to find resources that can be viewed by a student directly or activities that can be facilitated by a parent.
- Build outdoors with Nature Play: Create with Nature
- Investigate your favorite insect with What Would Happen?
- Watch and sing 7,000 Kinds of Amphibians
- Observe and imitate the Academy's Live Penguin Colony
- Connect with animal caretakers in Penguins, Will You Be My Valentine?
- Question your environment with Notice and Wonder
- Observe how you use different teeth with Chew, Bite, Chomp
- Meet our birds in Penguins: Wings, Beaks, and Feathers, Oh My!
- Get an Introduction to Scientific Sketching
- Sing a song and draw out your own Jungle Layers
- Count sections as your build a Fraction Penguin
- Play Natural Resources Bingo as a family
- Use Scientific Sketching for Observation in your notebook
- Watch and giggle about The Story of Poo
- Design a Macroinvertebrate Manor in your own backyard
- Draw with us in Art & Science: Nature as Your Muse
- Carry out a Compost Scientific Investigation
- Connect with experts to hear the difference between Weather & Climate
- Build a Pocket Solar System to grasp astronomical scale
- Take a Virtual Dive in a Kelp Forest
- Connect and compare these Spooktacular Skulls
- Learn how to Spot That Bird; then, do an outdoor Bird Count
- Watch Flipside Science and design your own solutions
- Connect with astronomy experts in Tour of the Night Sky
- Produce scale models with How Big is Big?
The MCL has online homework help Monday - Friday from 1pm -10pm. All the kids need to do is logon to their accounts: Marin County Library Homework Help
1) Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems