HEALTH AND WELLNESS
New Immunization Requirements for Public Schools – Effective July 1, 2019
Below are resources for the new immunization requirements, effective July 1, 2019, and for School Disease Exposure Notices. The State is continuing to update school immunization materials and website for new regulations. In short, starting in July, 2019, students admitted at TK/K-12 need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.) For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses (not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses (Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses