Drop Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Morning Drop Off
Parents may drop off their children in the morning at carline or the front gate beginning at 8:00. Children may not be dropped off at carline or front gate after volunteers close the gate. Carline ends promptly at 8:25. If you are still in carline when volunteers leave, find a safe place to park and walk your child to the front office.
Afternoon pick-up begins promptly at 2:40. Staff is on duty to supervise carline at the end of the day for 20 minutes. If parents do not pick up children within 20 minutes of dismissal, students will be escorted to the office and parents will be called. Please make every effort to be on time for pick-up every day.
Drop off/pick-up is in the painted zone on Kleinert Drive (the back entrance of the school). Parents may not park in the staff parking lot or the front circle. Street parking is available as well as in the public lot on the west side of Tiburon Boulevard.
Car Line Etiquette & Protocols: In order to facilitate carline, please follow the procedures outlined below:
- Drivers should not get out to open car doors
- Cell phone use is prohibited
- Cars MUST have appropriate and visible signage as provided by the school
- Staff will direct cars with appropriate signage to one of the five colored sections of the sidewalk
- Students will be asked to stand with siblings and any other children with whom they are carpooling (please help remind your child to do this)
- Drivers without appropriate signage must park on Lyford and go into the office. Office staff will check ID and provide a temporary sign so that the driver may return to Car Line.
The bus stop is located in the front traffic circle by the Reed School Office. After school, children line up on campus and are escorted by a staff member when the bus arrives.
Walking to School
Your child should cross ONLY at the corners or under the guidance of a crossing guard. K-2 parents who walk on campus to pick up their children must wait at the front gate. Parents must have their Parent ID Card so that Reed staff may quickly match children and parents. If a parent forgets his/her Parent ID Card, he/she will be required to go into the office for clearance. Parent cooperation with this policy is much appreciated.