In order to serve lunch each day at Reed, we will need FOUR volunteers each day from 11:50 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (to cover both lunch periods). We have learned from observing Choicelunch in action that consistency is key to the lunch serving process, and as such are looking for a group of regular volunteers (each volunteer will be asked to commit to approximately two consistent shifts per month on set days of the week.) Volunteers can sign up now and can let lunch coordinators know if they would like to serve as a volunteer for the whole school year. We are very hopeful that you will consider volunteering for lunch this year. Providing (and serving) hot lunch service offers many benefits, including:
- Hot lunches are – far and away - our biggest PTA fundraiser. Proceeds from hot lunch are used to pay for field trips for every child on the Reed campus throughout the year.
- Each volunteer will be credited a free meal for each shift worked…so for every shift you work, your Choicelunch account will be credited $5.85.
- This is a great opportunity to interact with and see your kids and work with a great group of other Reed parents!
- Sign up with friends! This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a fun setting and have a tremendous impact. We simply can’t operate this program without significant help from our community of parents.
- Choicelunch has moved to “zero waste” packaging and are on the cutting edge of providing not only healthy meals, but environmentally conscious packaging.
- Choicelunch offers “day before” ordering. For example, parents are able to order up until 9 a.m. on Sunday morning for delivery on Monday.
Learning the Process
Choicelunch has developed a brief video that parents can watch to see how things work at lunch serving time – but all volunteers will be trained by a member of the PTA. For those interested in watching this short video, click here.
Please let your class Room Parent Scheduler know if this is a job in which you would be interested, or contact the Hot Lunch Chairs, Connie Maddox (email@example.com) or Jen Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to get additional information. We would love to have you as a member of our team!