What is a Room Parent Scheduler?
The Room Parent Scheduler is the link between the classroom parents, the teacher, the Foundation and the PTA.
The Room Parent Scheduler’s responsibilities include:
· Attend the Volunteer Coffee and Back to School Night to introduce yourself and to recruit volunteers for your class.
· Keep a calendar of volunteer schedules for your class on LotsaHelpingHands (LHH)
· Send a weekly email with volunteer openings for coming week and update parents of upcoming dates and events.
· Assist the teacher with communications with the class as needed.
· Act as parent liaison for the classroom with the PTA and Foundation.
· Recruit additional volunteers as needed over the course of the year.
· Support other parents in key classroom coordinator roles.
· Organize a class gift for the teacher at the end of the year.
The Room Parent Scheduler will make every effort to create equitable opportunities for parents to volunteer for centers and other classroom activities.