Our Office is closed until August 13th, 2018.
RUSD Mission and Vision
Each student will be challenged and inspired to reach her or his fullest intellectual, social-emotional and creative potential to positively impact the world.
Mission for the Reed Union Student
Each RUSD student will receive the support and opportunity to develop the skills to be a:
Motivated Learner Committed to Academic Excellence
- Demonstrate responsibility, self-direction, and independence
- Take risks, are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
- Take pride in accomplishments
- Understand learning is a lifelong process
Creative Problem Solver
- Apply critical thinking
- Integrate curiosity, imagination, and insight
- Apply knowledge across disciplines, projects and in real life situations
- Generate ideas and best possible situations
- Actively listen and acknowledge different points of view and cultural context
- Express and support positions considering multiple perspectives
- Use appropriate tools and language to inform, persuade, and convey ideas to diverse audiences
- Collaborate with others
- Demonstrate empathy, ethical behavior, and respect for self, others, and the environment
- Actively contribute to the school, local and global communities
- Advocate for self and others
- Understand and appreciate cultures, histories, and contributions of people of the world
Balanced Individual/Best Self
- Demonstrate self-knowledge, integrity, good judgment, and honor
- Exhibit self-assurance, confidence, and social competence
- Persevere and are resilient amidst adversity, stress, disappointment, and conflict
- Make positive choices for the personal and physical well being
- Believe in the power of the individual to make a difference
Reed Union School District Bullying Prevention Pledge:
Every student and parent are asked to review and sign a pledge committing to stop bullying at school.
RUSD Statement of Diversity and Inclusion:
The Reed Union School District community is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive, equitable and respectful environment in which each person has a sense of belonging and is provided the support to thrive.
The Reed Union School District community believes that valuing visible and invisible diversity is essential for an inclusive teaching and learning environment that fosters educational excellence for all.