RUSD Mission and Vision
May 30, 2019
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Bel Aire Elementary School Open House
June 4, 2019
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Board Meeting
June 10, 2019
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Board Meeting
June 12, 2019
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Del Mar Middle School Graduation
June 13, 2019
Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
A Message from Dr. Nancy Lynch
May 15, 2019Dear Parents and Guardians,Potential Local Parcel Tax Measure:To continue a local source of funding, the RUSD School Board is considering placing a renewal measure on the ballot this November. This measure could renew our existing tax rate and structure at $589 with a 3% annual increase per parcel per year. This measure could fund the equivalent of 23 teachers and prevent cuts to educational programs. All funds would continue to stay local to support RUSD schools and no funds could support administrator salaries.Tell RUSD What You Think! Share Your Feedback:REMINDER - Proof of Residency Requirements For Currently Enrolled Students Who Are Entering 3rd or 6th Grades in 2019-2020:The RUSD Board Policy 5111.1 requires parents of all currently enrolled students who will enter 3rd or 6th grades in 2019-2020 to provide ORIGINAL documentation showing current proof of residency.Parents of 2nd grade students going into 3rd grade next year, please bring proof of residency to Bel Aire School. Parents of 5th grade students going into 6th grade next year, please bring proof of residency to Del Mar School. Students will not be assigned to a class until proof of residency is received. Deadline to submit current proof of residency is Friday, May 24, 2019.Tools to Address Words and Actions that Discriminate:Students at each of our schools are taught digital citizenship using Common Sense Media resources. To see their recommended children’s book list that promotes tolerance and diversity click on Books That Promote Tolerance and Diversity.Kind regards,Nancy Lynch, Ed.D.SuperintendentReed Union School District************************************Ride the Bus Next School Year! Passes on Sale May 20th at www.buschallenge.orgThe Yellow Bus Program offered at all three RUSD campuses is completing its most successful year of operations to date. Driver incentives and a robust training and retention program mean that most of our drivers have been with us consistently all year, and the addition of new buses to our fleet has resulted in no mechanical problems since they have been on the road.We hope your family will join us next year in riding the yellow bus and reducing traffic in our community! For this coming school year, here is what you can expect:
- Continued use of new buses: RUSD routes will feature our brand new buses again for next school year.
- A pricing freeze: Pass price will not increase this year and remain stable at $315 each way, or $1.60 per ride, thanks to generous subsidies from our local participating cities and towns.
- A payment plan option: Parents can opt to pay up front or in three monthly installments over six months (note: installment payments will include a $10 administrative surcharge per payment)
- An all new bus tracking app: We are excited to announce the roll out of a new and easy to use tracking app, which will feature real time customer service.
- An improved “playdate pass” program: Our playdate pass program allows children to ride pm routes (space permitting) home with friends, and for parents to purchase passes right up to the date their child will ride. Just buy your pass, fill in a quick form, print, and ride!